Statement of Faith
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the basis for our beliefs. This church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Our Earthly Mission
Our mission is to lead people to Jesus, build spiritual champions out of ordinary people, and establish multiplying churches.
Definition of a spiritual champion
A spiritual champion is a person who (1) trusts in Jesus, (2) lives with God, (3) builds saints, and (4) expands the kingdom.
Definition of a multiplying church
A multiplying church is a church that continually (1) develops Kingdom leadership, (2) mobilizes saints into the great commission, and (3) reproduces itself.
These nine statements describe a reality that will exist once we have fully accomplished our mission. This reality is our aspiration and the goal of our striving. It is God’s design for our future.
- God is calling us to be a “life-giving” church as our members live a bold missionary lifestyle among our world.
- We are called to be a “friendly” church that impacts every home in our county with God’s love.
- We are called to be a “connected” church whose primary people-reaching strategy will continue to be small Bible study groups organized into a Sunday School that reaches people for Christ, builds lasting relationships, explains the Bible and encourages spiritual growth.
- We are called to be a “simple” church as we establish a clear sequence of “next steps” to engage every age group in God’s Kingdom agenda through personal discipleship, evangelism, worship, fellowship, and service.
- We are called to be a “transforming” church by establishing ministries that will change the hearts and lives of children, teenagers, adults, and families who fear or face failure among life’s challenges.
- We are called to be a “leader” church that will challenge, encourage, and equip other churches to fulfill the great commission.
- We are called to be a “multiplying” church by becoming a catalyst for a church planting movement among our nearby Native American reservations.
- God is calling us to be a “sending” church by training and sending pastors, church leaders, and lay ministers to grow great commission churches across our area, nation, and world.
- We are called to be an “encouraging” church by developing ministries that encourage and equip pastors around the world to complete their call.
Where we give
- San Juan Baptist Association
- Baptist Convention of New Mexico
- Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
- SBC Cooperative Program
- Grace Place for Women
- New Mexico Baptist Children’s Home